Saturday 26 May 2012

Level ideas


For my levels organic element I have decided to include an entrance for the underground base system which will be a small clearing in a misty dark damp looking forest. The idea behind hiding the base out in a forest is so no civilians will discover its location and so the wolves can turn safely and hunt wild animals without concern for the humans. The modelling for this shall be rather simple. All that I will need to do is a circular plane surrounding the area with a nice foresty texture on it to give the illusion that the player is deep in a forest then have a small dirt path leading up to the entrance with some soft small grass around it. Then between the plane and the entrance hole have a few modelled trees to add effect to the area. Obviously if this was then to be added to a full game I would make the forest on a much larger scale so the player has to walk deep into the forest to find the opening and have multiple openings into the one base.
To mark the entrance of the base I am thinking about having either a torch burning or a street lamp shining next to the entrance so the player can find them without much difficulty though the forest area.



















1 comment:

  1. I wondered if it would be ok to use one of your photos on a handout about pilgrimage that I am preparing for my congregation? This is a small group, probably about 20 people. If so, could I use your name, which isn't listed on the blogsite? Thanks so much! Marjorie

    ReplyDelete