Saturday 26 May 2012

Ideas for the underground area

After thinking about the underground bases theme of dirty dark wet sort of sewerish type of setting and how it would turn out in the game I have decided to just test some new styles of bases. The only other style that really stood out to me was more of a clean all white laboratory type setting and having the wolves more of scientific community rather than a pack of savage dogs as they are portrayed in other things. The only issue I am having with this style is that the wolves don’t really fit in this setting like they would in the dark wet sort of base. What I mean by this is that when they turn to their wolf form they would become more unpredictable at the earlier stages of their wolf life and this would in turn mess up the place making it harder for them to keep in neat and shiny like I am picturing it. I think I will test both styles out a bit and see which I prefer as the level design progresses. Also I’m not sure how I would get the textures of the walls and things to look exactly right without putting more lighting into the area and in turn how this would affect the performance of the game whilst it is being played.

original idea was something like this ^
but the new idea is something like this one below but maybe more white but still undecided.




No comments:

Post a Comment